Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spotted . . .

Spotted today in Tompkins Square Park . . .

  • 3 of New York's finest telling some kids to get off the grass (no pun intended).
  • 1 pair of love birds (the kind without wings) up in an oak tree.
  • 2 Buddhist monks in orange robes circling the park carrying, each carrying a small brown paper bag in his hand.
  • 17 dogs in the dog park. There was a little dog side and a big dog side.
Spotted in Manhattan on Monday . . .
  • Thousands of people wearing black (and gray).
  • 1 person wearing yellow.
Spotted in Manhattan on Tuesday . . .
  • Hundreds of people wearing green.
  • The rest wore black.
Spotted everyday I go to work . . .
  • The Empire State Building.
  • Macy's (the one from Miracle on 34th Street).
I forget sometimes that I live in the city that I do, that millions of people come here to visit and see the sights. I don't take advantage of it nearly enough, and I am reminding myself now (through this blog) that I need to do so. With that said, I'm creating a list of things I need to do and see in New York. It will never be complete, but I hope that by writing it down I will hold myself to some of these things.
  1. The Cloisters
  2. Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty
  3. Circle Line Cruise
  4. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
  5. Carriage ride through Central Park
  6. Beer Garden
  7. Museums (multiple)
  8. 1/2 marathon
  9. Paddleboats

No comments: