Friday, October 27, 2006

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today I went back. Less than a year later I moved away. I shouldn't, but I feel guilty, like I should still be there. I know that had it not happened I would not be there now. I would have moved away guilt free. But, alas, this is not the case.

I had quasi plans to be there this weekend too which might be part of the reason I really wish I could be back. Not that I expected the plan to come to fruition, but I still hoped. It would have been fun: the Grove with a person I have fun with, a drive to the city, me partying it up for Halloween and him indulging my fun, a football game, a drive back to the middle of nowhere. I realize now that it was my 2nd homecoming of sorts: going back one year later, seeing the progress, noticing the people.

I still remember the day I first saw a homeless person in the city again. I know that sounds terrible, but it was a sign of sorts.

Now I'm in the world of cocktail dresses with uggs. Not that I've seen any, but it wouldn't surprise me.

No comments: