Saturday, March 25, 2006

wait, what?

So, I mentioned that I got into grad school, but there's a whole slew of details I left out. Here is the exact conversation that I've had with pretty much everyone who asks about . . .

-Sarah, where are you going? I'll be at Ole Miss starting in the fall.

-So are you just following McCann and Justin? Exactly-I missed them too much that I just had to go to Ole Miss. Actually, I'm going to Ole Miss to get my masters in southern studies, and it's the only school with the program.

-Huh, southern studies? What's that? You remember how I majored in American studies in college (no? well, i did)? It's like that but now focused more on the South. According to Heather, I'll be majoring in Mobile (that's the city in Alabama people, not the thing you put over a baby's crib). Trust me, I will not focus any of my work on Mobile.

-I still don't get it; what are you doing? Ok, ok, I'll explain more. I'll be doing history, english, music, etc., that happened or was made or focuses on the South. You know, those states in the southeastern quadrant of the U.S.

-So, uh, what are you gonna do with that? The same thing anyone with a masters in history or english will do. Duh. I do have more of an idea than that, but I'd rather not divulge considering everything changes anyway.

So that's the plan. I'd also like to take the time to tell people to write a blog. It makes your page cooler, because you're one of the few people to write one AND you can entertain your friends while they're bored at work.

No comments: