Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Perhaps one of the most random posts ever

Ugh. I did something super stupid last week. Really, really stupid. Hopefully, forgivably stupid, but stupid all the same.


You know those conversations that you shouldn't have with people? I'm talking about the kind of conversation where you know what the answer is before you ask the question, not just where you think you know the answer. The kind of conversation that you wouldn't normally have, but after a few drinks and very little food you decide should be had anyway. The kind of conversation where the other person tries to change the subject but indulges you anyway at least for a little while - longer, perhaps, than he should have and definitely longer than he wanted. The kind of conversation where you wake up the next morning not sure of the damage you may have done and a week later you're still unsure.

Know the kind of conversation I'm talking about? Yeah, I did that. I turned what would have been a really good night with a friend into something awesomely bad. Ugh. 

I'm one of those people who really does learn from all the experiences in my life, but I kind of wish I could edit that one mostly because I don't like the feeling of uncertainty. Fingers crossed I didn't completely cross the line and kill a friendship. Why do I care that we still remain  friends? Because I do. That's who I am. I move forward, and I try to bring it all with me. (It's super fun being me sometimes.)

I supposed time will tell. Bah.

No comments: