Thursday, November 04, 2010

It happened again

It happened again. This is number four. I'm kind of excited to see if it happens again.


Josh winked at me again. You know the Josh I'm talking about.. At least the guy's consistent. He changed his profile name, so maybe he thought it would throw me off. Maybe he thought I'd somehow be tricked into thinking he was someone else. It ain't happening buddy.

Maybe if Josh looked a little more like my dad I'd be more likely to give him another shot. According to a (relatively) recent story in the Daily Mail, women are attracted to men who look like their fathers. One of the examples they use is Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Apparently Brad Pitt looks like a young Jon Voight (Angelina's dad). Angelina may just be attracted to insanely attractive men, but I'll concede that her dad does look like Brad in the picture they show. So maybe, if Josh was taller, a little heavier, with middle eastern features, maybe then I'd be willing to try again. Then again, we all know that's not true.

I may be attracted to men that have similar features to my dad, but he has to have wit like him too. And be smart. And have been a blond-haired, blue-eyed Olympic pairs skater back in the 70s. Ok, maybe that last part isn't a requirement, but that's how my parents met according to my dad. (They were a medal winning pair, duh.) He also told me that I had brothers back in the day, but they didn't want to move with my parents. My mom wasn't too happy with that story.

Even when I find the man that's the right one for me, I'll still have my dad. And I know I'll always be able to count on him, not just for the normal things a daughter counts on her dad for, but also for a laugh. 

Like when he's warming himself by the fire in his apartment in Chelsea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great looking guy!