Thursday, November 25, 2010

Trial Day 3

And on the third day, the People (a.k.a. the prosecution) rested. And so did I. Because we got to leave early. Hooray!

  • The officer keeps gnawing on his hangnails. It's disgusting. (It doesn't help that I've self-diagnosed myself with late-onset ADHD.)
  • The assistant DA literally has a script for when she's questioning a witness including when to pause. How do I know this, because I'm observant. I'm sure she goes off script, but there are spots where she instructs herself to "WAIT." 
  • There's a team of people working on the "people's" case despite the fact that only one person is trying the case. The ADA sometimes confers with people in the gallery which is kind of interesting to watch. I think the defense attorney is a lone wolf.
  • The defense attorney has a typo on his website. (I swear I did not research anything about the case. I was just curious as to who the attorneys were.)
  • I should have majored in Forensic Science solely so I can have the job title of criminalist. Maybe if CSI had been on TV when I was in high school, I would have paid more attention in Chemistry.
  • Something tells me that I probably won't ever be called as an "expert" witness in a trial ever. I may be a master of the South, but I don't claim to be an expert. (Then again, I've had as much training in all things southern as the expert criminalists had in forensic science.)
  • I think my last name figured into my jury selection.
  • I want to know how many people who go to law school have sat through a trial, beginning to end, that was not tried by Jack McCoy before their first day of class.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: